Thank you for visiting this site and it is my pleasure to welcome you to the Seniors section. Male members aged 55 or over are eligible to join in the Senior competitions and other social activities; the section prides itself on being friendly and inclusive.
|Malcolm Jeffs Senior Captain||Seniors Committee|
|Rick Gerrard Vice Captain, Peter Wylde
Mike Perry Secretary, Brian Eyers
Trevor Norton Treasurer, Steve Allard
Adam Scott Past Captain
The section is run by a committee elected at the November AGM and they organise a series of events which are posted on the senior’s noticeboard (immediate right in the Men’s locker room) and circulated by e-mail. If you would like to be included in the distribution list please provide your e-mail address to Mike Perry, the Seniors Secretary at email@example.com
The full list of fixtures is on this website but in summary the primary events are:
• The Jackson Cup – a qualifying stableford competition played on the first Two Mondays of each month, November to April. Prizes are awarded for each of the 12 rounds and the winner of the Jackson Cup is determined by the individual with the best 4 rounds. Members may only play on one Monday in each month.
• The Dick Jolly Foursomes competition – starting in November with partners drawn by lot. There are four to five groups who play a league format to determine the winner and a knockout stage then produces the eventual winning pair.
• There is an established programme of 12 inter club matches which feature a home and a return away fixture. Official club colours and attendance at the post-match dinner are obligatory but within these high standards the essential requirement is to enjoy the competitive golf and make new friends.
• In addition there is an extensive range of singles and pairs competitions including the Seniors Charity Cup and the Gentlemen’s Invitation, which provides an opportunity to invite friends to experience our wonderful course and facilities.
• The next Seniors Open will be held on Thursday 23 August 2018 and this attracts a very competitive field from far and wide so early entry is advisable.
The section enjoys a very close relationship with the Ladies section and there are a number of shared competitive events held during the year.
I am very honoured to have been elected Captain for the 2017/18 season and my key objective is to ensure that our seniors have fun, take part in excellent competitive golf and enjoy the wonderful facilities we have at WG&CC. My chosen charity for 2017 / 18 will be St Richards Hospice & I hope we can raise a substantial sum for this worthy cause.
Malcolm Jeffs Seniors Captain 2017-2018